Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm Alive!

Well. I think I just had the Southern California Earthquake Initiation of all time. We had a 5.8 earthquake centered about 5 miles away at about 11:45am today! It was huge! And I was on the toilet!!! It shook for about 30 seconds and I actually could see the walls shaking next to me! My heart was pounding so hard. And even when it stopped, it didn't really stop. And my phone is dead. :(
So there we have it. I have had my first earthquake. 
And in other news, I bought a cat on Saturday. More on that later. I'm still a little rattled.

2 comments:

Anne Chovies said...

Well, I'm certainly glad you're okay. I'd heard about the quake and wondered if you'd felt it - I hadn't realized your work was so close to the epicenter. In the bathroom, uh? All kinds of jokes and comments come to mind but I guess they're better left unsaid. So now you're a real Californian. Wow. When we lived there years ago we felt several but none so big as this one. Glad you're okay.

Ritsumei said...

Exciting. Glad that you're all good!