Friday, December 5, 2008

Wedding, museum, cooking, SCHOOL!!!

Well it's been a while now hasn't it. I thought I'd get on and actually pretend for another moment that I still am aware this blog exists. :) Life has been very eventful lately and I do think on a regular basis that I should get on here and post and put up some pictures. However. I am always at work when I have these thoughts. And once again, I am at work. But this is the first step right? :)
So Kate got married last month!!! That has to be the biggest thing that happened recently and will probably hold the illustrious title of Most Exciting Thing That Happened for a while. I got to go to Chicago and see her and her new hubby John and all of my family (except Josh of course) and I even got to go to Wisconsin for a few days. Rits and family and I went to an air museum and played around there for a while. They had a really cool kids area with toys and hands on science stuff like how to hover a helicopter - which is really quite difficult - and a heat sensor camera - I was so cold in Wisconsin that my color was red and orange instead of orange and yellow and when Andy put his hands on my shoulders it left yellow hand prints! Oh my poor little California acclimated self! Lucky for me, Kate let me borrow her very large and warm wool peacoat. Nevermind that everyone else was wearing just jackets. :) What can I say. I've turned into a pansy.
I've also been doing a bit of cooking lately. I've decided that since I don't get to go home for Christmas and spend gobbs of time in Wisconsin with all my frosty family, I'm baking! I made a pie for the first time and next up on the hit list is the Lemon Coconut Squares. Pictures to follow, hopefully sooner rather than later. :) Again. I'm at work. This is a problem. 
Dave is finishing his last week of school before finals right now and he - and I - can't wait for him to be done! He'll be graduating in the summer and I've already applied to a school pretty close to home and I can't wait to go!!! Hallelujah!!! 
So like I said. Hopefully I'll remember some time when I'm not at work and I'll post some pictures. Until then... chao. :)

5 comments:

Ritsumei said...

Now I'm curious... which school??

I hear ya on the impending graduation thing. Andy takes a CLEP test tomorrow that, once he passes, wraps up his current round of school in a nice little certificate for him. Needless to say, we're pretty excited about that. He's reading about Business Law this evening in preparation for it.

Anne Chovies said...

It was Sooooooooooo good to have you here, even if it was just for a couple of days! Its always so wonderful to see you!

misskate said...

Woot for graduating!! Yay for David :)

I totally have been feeling the call to bake as well. We're going to be spending the holidays with the in-laws this year with no visit to WI, so this will be a little bit of a change for me. I definitely think that makes me feel more inclined to make festive my little place here in Chicago.. and cookies most definitely help :)

This past weekend I put together some care packages to be mailed to various recipients, and also some little plates of Snickerdoodles and peanut butter blossoms for the ladies at work. Yay for Christmas and the magic of baked goods!

Dorine said...

So, how did the holiday baking go? We did some, mostly candy cane bread. I think that we ended up doing 3 batches all together - lots of helping hands in the process. It was fun. I also did a bunch of cookies for a cookie exchange at work. More accurately, the family and I did a bunch of cookies for the cookie exchange!! It was fun to work together to get them all done. We made 6 dozen for work and probably another 6 dozen for friends and neighbors and us. It was fun.

Emma said...

Holy Cow Mom! 12 dozen cookies! I'm most impressed. My cooking was far less successful. In the end, it came to one batch of chocolate cookies - the premade Pilsbury type :) - and a couple tasty treats here and there. I made Banana Cream Pie yesterday though. That was quite tasty! Hooray for Kraft recipes!