Sunday, April 26, 2009

Scholarship Results

Sadly, I didn't get the scholarships. But that's ok. I was recently talking to a very wise somebody and they told me that many people make themselves worse by being focused on being the best. I think I need to not be so concerned with "bestness" and be more concerned with being happy with it myself. 
So even though I didn't get a bunch of money, I learned tons. I'm not nearly as good as I thought I was, or remembered how I was in high school. Which I'm sure is inflated in my mind. I discovered a couple things I can work on and I found a friend with the girl that helped me get ready for the audition.
So overall I think I have a success. :D

4 comments:

misskate said...

Yay for looking at the positives in life :) There are so many and before long you'll be right back where you were before!

Anne Chovies said...

Wise, indeed. I, for one, already think you're one of the best. Not many things compare with hearing you sing with your sisters.

Ritsumei said...

What a great attitude! I'm going to have to remember that the next time I don't get what I want. So, you told us about the scholarships, but you didn't mention if you were accepted or not! Didja get in? Are you going to study anyway?

Emma said...

Oh, sorry. I got in. And the music department doesn't seem like it's very snobby at all. I didn't have to audition to get in or anything. They just take whoever I think. Not sure about that. But yeah. I'm in. However, due to recent discoveries, actual attendance is up for reevaluation.